- Charles Dickens, Winston Churchill, Ernest Hemingway, and several other writers all wrote standing up.
- Mark Twain was at his most creative lying down.
- J.D. Salinger wrote in the nude (I kid you not!).
- Agatha Christie and D.H. Lawrence wrote in the bath.
- Vladimir Nabokov wrote on index cards.
- Gay Talese would pin pages of his writing to a wall and examine them from the other side of the room with binoculars.
What unusual/quirky habit defines your personal writing regimen? A strong cuppa jo to get you started? Listening to classical music while you work? A painfully detailed outline before you get a single creative word on paper (like me)? Even if it’s not quite as outrageous as those of well-known writers, I’d love to hear about it.
Submit your answer in the “leave a comment” block and let’s get some fun ideas rolling.
(If you follow my Blog, you’ll automatically be entered into a draw for a free e-copy of Lucia’s Web!)
Can’t wait to hear from you.